An application (in response to an RFEOI or RFP) must meet the following minimum criteria in order to be eligible for funding:
- The application must be written in English;
- The application must be complete and/or provide sufficient information for a proper evaluation;
- The application must be submitted by an eligible proponent;
- The proposed project must support an eligible activity;
- The proposed project must complete no later than three (3) years after the project start date;
- The proposed project must not carry substantial risk of detrimental side effects (e.g. environmental impacts);
- The proposed project must be at a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 3 or higher at the start of the project;
- The proponent must commit to contributing at least 25% of the total project cost, and must provide evidence of funds and/or in-kind support for their share of project costs;
- The proponent must demonstrate they have secured additional funding through other sources, with the total Government of British Columbia contribution not exceeding 50% of total project costs; and
- All project costs must be incurred in British Columbia.
- Applications submitted as part of a Consortium are encouraged.
- Projects that have previously received funding through the ARC program may not be eligible for additional funding.
Applications will be evaluated based on alignment with the following evaluation criteria.
- Supports the commercialization, demonstration or export of a B.C.-based zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) product, service or technology.
- The proposed project has strong commercialization and market adoption potential.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity and/or pursuit of excellence in its field (i.e., in what ways does the product, service or technology differ from that of its competitors).
- Promotes synergies/collaboration with other entities in B.C.’s ZEV sector (such as through a partnership or Consortium bid) or otherwise encourages the development of a ZEV cluster in B.C.
- Provides positive economic benefits (e.g. job creation, export growth or manufacturing of ZEVs or ZEV components).
- Leverages external funding (grant stacking and proponent funding).
- Has strong potential for a reduction in GHG emissions throughout B.C., Canada and the rest of the world as a result of the adoption of the technology.
- Reasonable scope and timelines for project completion – Applications will be evaluated based on how well developed, achievable and impactful the scope of work and work plan are.
- Capabilities of management team – Applications will be evaluated based on how well-suited and committed the project team is to carry out the proposed initiative, including the management and technical capacity of the Proponent.
- Reasonable project expenses – Applications will be evaluated based on the reasonableness of proposed expenditures (i.e. they do not exceed fair market value of the goods and services being provided).